Toyendale Chapter 1

Here is a short children's story, inspired by my sister. Thank you for calling me dinosaurbreath, my little witch. I hope you will enjoy it. I am looking forward to reading your comments.
dinosaurbreath

CHAPTER 1

Dear Diary,
Today was the most boring day ever. The only good thing about school is the break time in which I can play with my friends. On my way to home, I found a dirty kitten on the street, so I took her with me, and I hoped that my mother will let me own it. But of course, she refused me. I was so upset that I couldn’t even stand Summer who insisted on playing with me. I wanted to be alone, so I went to my own place, which is called the balcony by my parents. In my place, I have a dollhouse with full of Barbies and other toys. I don’t let my sister touch them because she is like a rhino, and always destroys whatever she touches. My mum says she is only five years old and she doesn’t understand things like I do. Both of my parents say it is my job to take care of her, but they don’t care what if I don’t wanna do it. When I heard that she was crying again in front of the door of my place, I opened the door but didn’t let her come in. She said that she wanted to play when Barbie going to school. But I was tired, and I locked the balcony with my key. (Ps: This key was given to me by my parents and Summer isn’t allowed there by herself because she is so small and she might fall simply from the fences.) Being the only master of my place, I was so proud that I have never let anyone get in. My mom was only allowed to be there when he does the cleaning. I told Summer that, there was a toy world on the balcony in where I only could play with and she would never know how to go there. These words made her cry more, and it gave me so much pleasure. Her nose became as red as Rudolph, and she looked even cuter with her new nose covered next to her golden ringlets. She took her rag doll, Lily with her and ran towards the kitchen to complain about me. My mother decided that Summer was right, so I was grounded again :( My only aim was to have fun, but my mom didn’t understand me. I had to stay in my room during the whole day while Summer was watching TV. Now I am about to go to bed. I wish you sweet dreams my diary. You are the only person that understands me.
Daisy Alethea Scott
 …wrote Daisy Scott in her diary. Next morning, she woke up around ten o’clock and couldn’t find Summer in her bed but only Lily. She thought that perhaps Summer had a nightmare and sneaked into their parent's bed. So she went to the toilet first to wash her face and brush her teeth to make it snow white.
  After the bathroom session, she smelt the special chocolate cake that her mother, Fiona baked, and she ran towards the kitchen to get a piece of it. Fiona cut a huge piece for her extremely hungry daughter and started to clean the dishes. She thought that Summer was still sleeping and asked Daisy to wake her sister up. Daisy got confused when her mother asked her why Summer was still in her bed. She thought that it was strange. Where was Summer? All Daisy knew is they slept together at the same time and she didn’t see her when she got up from her bed. Of course, she shouldn’t tell her mother that she didn’t know where is her sister because Summer was her responsibility.
  She told her mother that they were playing hide and seek that’s why she had to find Summer right now, and she left the kitchen. That was a smart lie. She knew that she had to find her before her mother realises she was missing. So she went to the living room to check every corner where she might play. Probably she got some of my toys and was hiding somewhere to play with them, thought Daisy.
  Her father was sitting on the couch and watching a basketball game. She tried not to disturb him and make him aware too that Summer was not here. But Eric realised that her daughter seemed anxious that Saturday morning. So he grabbed her while she was running around the living room. “Why are you in a hurry my sweetheart?’’ Daisy escaped from her father’s hands and told him the same lie.
  Secondly, she went to her parent’s bedroom to look for Summer. “I know you are here, you little frog. Come out. I won’t punish you if you give my toys back and say you are sorry.’’ That was also a lie. Of course, she was going to do something. Daisy checked the wardrobe where they usually hide when they play hide and seek in real. Her sister wasn’t there. He looked at every corner of their house, but she couldn’t find her. So she went to their bedroom hopelessly and started to cry. Summer was her responsibility, and now she has to explain to her parents that why Summer was missing. Who knows which punishment she is about to get because of it? Her last sentence was staying her room for a week after the school and not use the Internet, tablet or computer because she had lost her backpack in the school. She was sure that she will be grounded for a month when they learn it.
  Suddenly she saw the door of the balcony in their room which was open. She remembered that she locked it last night before they went to bed. She rushed to the balcony, but it also seemed empty. Last night Summer told her that one day she would go into the toy world in the balcony and Daisy couldn’t stop her. Daisy slowly walked to the dollhouse where she thought that Summer might hide. Nobody was there. She burst into tears. And suddenly, she heard a deep voice coming from the dollhouse.
“Hey, why are you crying?’’, told the same voice. Daisy thought maybe she started to imagine things. The voice was coming from a toy which was unbelievable for Daisy because her toys couldn’t speak, that’s what her mother told her. She looked at the strange talking toy and stopped crying. The toy looked like a pony with a silver colour, and it neither belonged to her or her sister. She didn’t know where it came from.
“Are you looking for your sister?’’, asked the pony. “Yes!’’, said Daisy without any hesitation. The pony came close to her and told her that he knows where her sister is and he could take Daisy to her if she jumps on him. But the pony was the half size of a Barbie, and it was impossible for a ten-year-old child to ride it. The pony kicked a golden box towards Daisy and told her to open it. Daisy used her nails to open the small box in which there was a tiny heart-shaped locket. “You should wear this if you want to go to Toyendale.’’
“Where is this place?’’, asked Daisy in curiously. She couldn’t believe that the lies she told Summer became true. She invented this lie to make fun of her sister. Was she still in a dream?
  The pony said that he wasn’t allowed to tell her the exact place, but he knew how to go there. Daisy asked him why he was helping her. He told her that Summer might be in danger since Toyendale can be dangerous for a little child. “But you are also little?’’, asked Daisy. The pony said there is no time for discussing these questions because his sister was also kidnapped by someone in there and he thinks that Summer is with the same person.
“You need my help, and I need yours, kid’’, he said.
“I have to find her before my parents realise’’, said Daisy and put the little locket on her neck. At the same time, she started to shrink and became even shorter than the pony. Everything on the balcony seemed so big for her. She turned into the same size as a rubber which she used at school and lost it several times. Daisy jumped on the pony’s back.
“What is your name?’’, asked Daisy to be friendly as her mother told her.
“You can call me Silver Star’’, said the pony. He galloped to the bedroom of her dollhouse and stopped in front of the mirror which was made of tin foil.
“We need to solve the riddle of the Glassgate if we want to get in’’, said Silver Star. Daisy was confused because there was no gate but a mirror only and she couldn’t see a riddle on it. Then a face appeared on the surface of the mirror just like in Snow White’s tale.
What fruit has its seeds on the outside?’’, asked the mirror. Nothing came into the mind of Daisy, so she asked Silver Star if he knew the answer. ’’The riddle changes every time, so we need to solve it right now otherwise, it would be impossible to go there said Silver Star uneasily.
  So Daisy thought for a long time which fruit have seeds. Well, there was watermelon, melon, apple, pomegranate, kiwi and many other fruits but their seeds were not visible from outside. She thought that Summer wouldn’t eat it if it has seeds on its surface because she doesn’t like seeds at all because it always gets into the gaps between her tiny teeth. Summer doesn’t eat tomato because it has little seeds in it too. Also, she dislikes strawberry and always gives her share to Daisy. In return, Daisy gives her apples to Summer because she likes it most.

  Strawberry… Daisy has just found the answer. Strawberry has seeds on the outside. ‘’It is strawberry’’, said Daisy joyfully and the mirror opened. A bright light came from the inside just as they are looking at the sun. Silver Star jumped in without any hesitation. They travelled through the rays looked like a rainbow of many colours Daisy couldn’t count. At the end of that road, there was another gate which has already opened for Daisy and Silver Star to begin their adventure.

Comments

Popular Posts